Monday, March 7, 2011

I Suck at this Blogging Thing...

LOL...I just realized today that I have missed the last 4 days of my 30 day blog challenge...and that was only after the first day!! You see? I told you that I suck at this blogging thing...
Well, here's my attempt to catch up...but I have to warn you that I'm probably going to be catching up throughout this whole 30 day thing.

Just a note...I'm writing this up on a computer, other than my own...so I don't have any pictures here, so when I get a chance (hopefully tomorrow...when I'm writing up the next part of the challenge) I will post pictures.

Day 2 - The meaning behind my blog

Pieces of Me...well, it doesn't really take a whole lot of explanation...this blog is where I can keep track of the pieces that make up my life, that make up who I am. It's a place where I can ramble about nothing, show off what I've accomplished and at the end of it all, have something written down about who and what I was.

Day 3 - My first love

Well, I would have to say that my first love was Chris Foucher...we dated on and off for about 3 years in high school. And I have to admit, that if I had stayed in town after high school, I probably would have ended up with him. He was just one of those people who I could relate to. We always had a really easy relationship, it was always so easy to talk to him...actually, it still is. He is one of those guys that I don't have to see or talk to for months, and we can pick up right where we left off. We figured out a little too late, what exactly we meant to each other, and by that time, our lives had taken such different paths...but he still is, and will always be a good friend.


Day 4 - My parents

Well, what can a girl say about her parents...when I was growing up, my mom was the enforcer...she was the lawmaker...and I, along with all my friends and boyfriends were scared to death of her. On top of that, she was, and still is a teacher...so she knew all my teachers - yeah, there was no way that I ever skipped a class in high school!! I wasn't really close with her, being scared to death of someone kinda puts a damper on being able to confide in her. I do remember very clearly the day that we actually became closer. It was after my first year of college and I was lying in my bed and she was trying to talk with me...something that was very new to me, so I was kinda blowing her off...well, she actually started crying and told me how upset she was that we weren't close enough for me to tell her what was going on in my life...and from that point on...I've been able to confide in her. My relationship with her has changed so much...and I realize that she loves me...unconditionally. And that no matter what happens.. .she has got my back...and that's all I can ask for.

My dad, on the other hand...he was kind of the pushover...if there was ever something that I wanted, I made sure that I asked my dad...because at least with him, I knew that there may be a chance that he would say yes. He was the one who introduced me to basketball and coached me for the first few years of my basketball career. He was actually gone for most of my high school years (he was transferred 8 hours away), but he came home every other weekend...and the night before he left, he always came down to sit beside my bed and catch up with my life. He was actually down there for my last college basketball game...and I remember how proud he looked when they were listing all my accomplishments. I was so happy that I could make him feel that way...it is something that I will never forget. And despite the fact that he is 65, we still play basketball together...it's awesome!!


Okay, that's all that I'm going to catch up on now...the next day is about recipes...and I have to give a little bit more thought that I can give at midnight. Now I'm not going to keep any promises...except the promise to catch up when I've finally realized that it's been days since I blogged!! LOL!!

On another note...I feel like bragging for a bit...my women's basketball team just won the league championship last week. And I have to say that I played pretty fan-frickin-tastic!! I was unstoppable...really, I hit 8 three's, I posted up, I was hitting pull-up jumpers...I had 43 points...the most that I've ever had in a game. It was just one of those games where everything was going in, I didn't even realize how much I had scored...anyway...just wanted to brag for a bit.

Take care, I'll be in...when I'm in ;)


No comments: